Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
"Ward...apologists are not welcome here." There are some people who like Ward who also like these other characters... I regularly make fanart and have written fan fiction about some of them... Why are you excluding people just because they like one character?
This whole blog was created in response to Ward stans telling me, “If you care about Mike and Akela so much, why don’t you make a movement about it yourself because we only want to talk about Ward”, so I did.
In my (and others’) experience with the Stand With Ward part of the fandom, people have gone out of their way to do the following:
- try to invalidate the opinions of abuse survivors who don’t agree with them (I’ve seen this multiple times, it hasn’t just happened to me)
- try to say that Ward and Hydra are not Nazis
- excuse Ward’s actions
- stomp on (or be absolutely silent about) characters like Mike/Akela/Melinda/Victoria/etc, all the while telling us not to be mad about it and that we’re just oversensitive
- non-abuse-survivors co-opting the issue of abuse to have a reason to defend Ward (I am not saying that every SWW person is not an abuse survivor because many are, but I have seen non-survivors being really obnoxious in this way)
- only care about Ward’s experience being manipulated and abused, when this also happened to Mike and Akela, and you don’t hear a peep about them (and it’s pretty transparent as to why - neither of them are attractive white men)
- say that Victoria deserved what she got and Melinda deserves harm
- and probably other things but I stay out of that tag so I don’t spike my blood pressure
If you happen to like Ward and you do not do any of these things, fine. Feel free to submit your meta/fanart/fic about the characters this blog is about. I am just basing this on past experience with Ward fans here - a lot of them have displayed some really awful behavior, a lot of which is at the expense of the characters we’re trying to defend on this blog. And I have zero tolerance for that.
These communities are now open for joining and posting, so whether you have some old works you’d like to share with a fresh crowd, new works you’d like to highlight, or you’re looking for prompt tables, like-minded fans, or some new femslash to read, head on over!
They’re looking pretty empty, so make sure to fix that and post! ;)
Page 1 of 2421